- A race is commonly described as
the lower, the more fundamentally it differs from the white race.
Boas (1858-1942) The
Mind of Primitive Man, 1911.
- I detest racialism, because I regard it as a barbaric thing, whether it comes from a black man or a white man. Nelson Mandela (1918-2013)
- Maurizio Gasparri and Nelson Mandela: according to some people one of them belongs to a lower race: guess who? Andrea Gaddini (1961-)
- Collective fear stimulates herd instinct, and tends to produce ferocity toward those who are not regarded as members of the herd. Bertrand Russell (1872-1970)
- I have a dream: that one day this nation will rise up and live out the true meaning of its creed: "We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal" Martin Luther King (1929-1968) Speech in Washington, 28th August 1963.
- There are no lesser human being, except for racists. Andrea Gaddini (1961-)
- To live anywhere in the world today and be against equality because of race or color is like living in Alaska and being against snow. William Faulkner (1897-1962) Essays, Speeches & Public Letters, 1966.
- It's very unusual that the ethnic group the racialist author belongs to is not placed at the top of his hierarchy. Tzvetan Todorov (1939-) Nous et les autres, 1989.
- The less a white man is intelligent, the more the black man seems stupid to him. André Gide (1869-1951) Voyage au Congo, 1927.
- In the world there are only two races, my grandmother used to say, those who have and those who have not. Miguel de Cervantes (1547-1616) Don Quixote, 1615, book II, chap. XX.
- I have no race prejudices nor caste prejudices nor creed prejudices. All I care to know is that a man is a human being, and that is enough for me; he can't be any worse. Mark Twain (1835-1910) Concerning the Jews (Harper's Magazine, Sept. 1899).
- Racism is the expression of human brain reduced to its lowest terms. Rigoberta Menchú (1959-)
- Fascism is treated reading and racism is treated travelling. Miguel de Unamuno (1864-1936)
- Racism is man's gravest threat to man - the maximum hatred for a minimum reason. Abraham J. Heschel (1907-1972)
- The twentieth-century history taught us: the racists are never innocent. Maria Novella Oppo article: "Bossi e la tribù padana", l'Unità, 05/04/12
- I always knew there are no races, human brain is the same. There are only racists. We must defeat them with the weapons of wiseness. Rita Levi Montalcini (1909-2012) l'Unità, 2008
- I have a dream this afternoon that my four little children, that my four little children will not come up in the same young days that I came up within, but they will be judged on the basis of the content of their character, not the color of their skin. Martin Luther King (1929-1968) Speech in Washington, 28th August 1963.
- Racism is a doctrine of, by and for brutes. Ayn Rand (1905-1982)The Virtue of Selfishness
- TV News: "Enters a church wearing a veil and is mistaken for a Moslem: a racist activist attacks his bride-to-be". Simone Salis, StaiSerena, Rai Radio2, 6th March 2015