- One day fascism
will be treated with psychoanalysis. (Ennio Flaiano)
- Fascism is treated reading and racism is treated travelling. (Miguel de Unamuno)
- That which the Fascists hate above all else, is intelligence. (Miguel de Unamuno)
- Fascism is capitalism plus murder. (Upton Sinclair)
- Fascism is not defined by the number of its victims, but by the way it kills them. (Jean-Paul Sartre)
- Fascism is capitalism in decay. (Lenin - Vladimir Ilyich Ulyanov)
- Fascism is a lie told by bullies. (Ernest Hemingway)
- Fascism is not in itself a new order of society. It is the future refusing to be born. (Aneurin Bevan)
- I hate Illinois Nazis. (John Belushi, Blues Brothers)
- Fascism is fascism. Terrorism is terrorism. Oppression is oppression. (Harry Belafonte)
- The harm of fascism is to make the imbeciles believe they are so clever. The more a guy is idiot, the more fascism makes him proud of himself. (Osvaldo Soriano)
- When applied to politics and taken to its extreme, kitsch is the mask of death. Fascism was all aesthetics. There was no core principle to it. There was no truth to it. (John Cusack)
- Fascism is nothing but capitalist reaction. (Trotsky - Lev Davidovic Brontejn)
- Fascism was a counter-revolution against a revolution that never took place. (Ignazio Silone)
- Freedom of speech is always under attack by Fascist mentality, which exists in all parts of the world, unfortunately. (Lawrence Ferlinghetti)
- The strategic adversary is fascism... the fascism in us all, in our heads and in our everyday behavior, the fascism that causes us to love power, to desire the very thing that dominates and exploits us. (Michel Foucault)
- Inside of many liberals is a fascist struggling to get out. (John McCarthy)
- Fascism is the consequence of economic jam and dictatorship is the product of Fascism, for Fascism cannot be managed save by a dictator. (John T. Flynn)
- We seem to be a long way off from the kind of Fascism which we behold in Italy today, but we are not so far from the kind of Fascism which Mussolini preached in Italy before he assumed power, and we are slowly approaching the conditions which made Fascism there possible. (John T. Flynn)
- Fascism: awful stench of saw and axe. (Michel Leiris)
- Nationalism is a silly cock crowing on his own dunghill. (Richard Aldington)
- Nationalism is an infantile disease. It is the measles of mankind. (Albert Einstein)
- Patriotism is the willingness to kill and be killed for trivial reasons. (Bertrand Russell)
- Fascism is a worldwide
disease. Its greatest threat to the United States will come after
the war, either via Latin America or within the United States
- A fascist is one whose lust for money or power is combined with such an intensity of intolerance toward those of other races, parties, classes, religions, cultures, regions or nations as to make him ruthless in his use of deceit or violence to attain his ends.
- If we define an American fascist as one who in case of conflict puts money and power ahead of human beings, then there are undoubtedly several million fascists in the United States.
- The American fascist would prefer not to use violence. His method is to poison the channels of public information.
- The symptoms of fascist thinking are colored by environment and adapted to immediate circumstances. But always and everywhere they can be identified by their appeal to prejudice and by the desire to play upon the fears and vanities of different groups in order to gain power.
- With a fascist the problem is never how best to present the truth to the public but how best to use the news to deceive the public into giving the fascist and his group more money or more power.
Ennio Flaiano - Diario notturno, Adelphi, Milano 1994.